Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!!

My, how the months have flown by and it is time for Christmas already. I can hardly believe how fast this year has come and gone.



As we celebrate this Christmas, I am reminded so much of what Christmas is really all about. JESUS! The name above all names. There is a different spirit in our house this year. We have a tree and I put out a few decorations, but I have not really gotten into what others might call "the Christmas mood". With my dad passing away this year and the circumstances that lead to my daughter now living in Ohio, I have been quite depressed instead of in a celebratory mood. But then I have to think about the real reason for the season and my mood changes. Yes, I am still saddened and even depressed about many things that are going on in my life, but I am over-joyed by the reality that Jesus came to be born and die for my sins! There might not be presents under our tree this year, but Jesus is ever-present in our lives and that makes all the difference in the world.



I hope that all of you, my family, my friends, have a very blessed Christmas. I hope that you will take the time to ponder what this season is really all about. If you do not know God, my prayer is that you will find Him this Christmas.



Merry Christmas to all!

Lisa and Don

0 comments: