Sunday, January 6, 2008

Remembering...

I am remembering that three months ago today, my father went home to heaven. I have been thinking about him alot lately. I miss him. I cannot imagine what it must even be like where he is. I know that he is not worrying about anything from his former life here on earth. I know that keeping my eyes on Jesus will get me to where he is.

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face- the One who saved me by His grace;
When he takes me by the hand, and leads me to the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day, that will be.

Looking forward to that day,
Lisa

2 comments:

Bev said...

Lisa, I know what you mean. I sometimes whish I could have just a glimpse of what he is doing and glorious sites he sees. I too want to keep my eyes on Jesus.

Love ya, Bev

Leslie Holloway said...

Hey sis,
I too have been thinking a lot about dad and remembering what yesterday meant to me...and you are right, he doesn't see what's going on down here because if he did he would feel overwhelming sadness and we know that in Heaven there is no sadness! I think you pretty much summed it up! Keep our eyes fixed only on Jesus and the things of this world will go strangely dim... others will see and want what you/we have! Luv ya, Leslie