Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Long Winter

Well, it is now February. We made it through the blustery month of January with it's blowing snow and frigid temperatures. As I am sure you all know, Punxatawney Phil's report says that we have at least 6 more weeks of winter. If you live in New York like I do, it is to be expected! One thing I have realized since I moved here seven years ago is that we have a long winter and a short spring. Even in late August there are leaves that already start to change. It makes me miss the mid-west where I was born and raised. I don't know about you, but I am ready to come out of hibernation and see some daffodils in bloom!

2 comments:

Greg Draiss said...

Tell Don we need to BBQ again....
like a whole pig or at least a racoon we find on the side of te road

Lisa Holloway Slater said...

I will do that! I am not so sure about the raccoon though! lol